Honey Spiced Ricotta-Golden Kiss Melon Pita Bread
Sometimes the easiest, most simple dishes, are the absolute best! Sliced flat bread with an assortment of toppings, is a fantastic way to create an outstanding appetizer or lunch in minutes.
The sweetness of the Golden Kiss Melon is matched beautifully with vibrant green herbs and a spiced, creamy cheese. The bread is simply a vehicle to carry this wonderful combination of flavors to your mouth.
Honey Spiced Ricotta-Golden Kiss Melon Pita Bread Recipe
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
2 Pita rounds
1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or hot Hatch chile powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Approximately 8 large basil leaves, washed and dried
1 cup thinly sliced Golden Kiss Melon
1. Toast the Pita bread just to crisp it slightly -- I use the broiler for about 1 minute.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Ricotta with the honey, chile powder and salt. Mix until it's very smooth.
3. Spread the Ricotta mixture in an even layer on each Pita, and then gently press about 4 large basil leaves on top of each one.
4. Dividing the melon slices evenly between the two Pita breads, add the them n an even layer over the basil.
5. Sprinkle with a touch more of the chile powder if desired, and serve.