Iced Summer Kiss Melon Green Tea
I think sweet fruits lend themselves to being combined with tea. After all, that's why you can buy tea bags with all sorts of fruity flavors mixed with herbal, black and green tea leaves. And while I love these blends, even more, I love adding fresh fruit to my tea.
Green tea is my favorite, but you can use almost any tea you'd like in this recipe, to blend with the delicious Summer Kiss Melon. Over ice, it's the perfect refreshment on a warm day, and lovely with a light summer lunch.
Iced Summer Kiss Melon Green Tea Recipe
Makes about 10 to 12 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours
8 cups water
8 green tea bags
Zest of 1 medium-sized orange
4 cups Summer Kiss Melon, cut into large chunks
1. Add the tea bags and orange zest to a large pitcher or bowl. Set aside.
2. Add the water to a large pot, bring it to a boil, and then pour it over the tea bags and orange zest. Let this steep at room temperature for about 15 minutes, then remove the tea bags, and place the tea in the refrigerator to chill completely, about 1-1/2 hours.
3. While the tea is chilling, add the melon chunks to a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until it's as smooth as possible. Pour this melon purée through a strainer and into a large, clean pitcher. (You might need to use the bottom of a spoon to help it through the strainer -- there should be some pulp left behind.)
4. Once the tea has completely cooled, pour it through a strainer (to capture the orange zest), directly into the pitcher with the melon juice. Stir to blend.
5. Serve in glasses filled with ice.