Honey Kiss Melon Mascarpone Cinnamon Crisps
I think we all know that a slice of melon, especially a Kiss melon, is a beautiful dessert in and of itself.
That said, let's just add a little bit, shall we?
Elegantly presented, this delicious Honey Kiss melon dessert is simple to prepare and will wow your dinner party guests!
Either serve a couple of these crisps on a plate or several on a serving platter -- either way, these bites of sweetness are rich and refreshing all at once!
Honey Kiss Melon Mascarpone Cinnamon Crisps Recipe:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
6 (3″ x 3″) wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon, plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons Mascarpone
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup diced Honey Kiss melon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the wonton wrappers (you should have 12 triangles) on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Use a pastry brush to coat each one with the melted butter.
4. In a tiny bowl, mix the sugar with the 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Then sprinkle this mixture evenly over the buttered wonton wrappers.
5. Once the oven is preheated to 375 degrees F, bake just until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Let them cool to room temperature.
6. While the wontons are baking, in a small bowl, mix the Mascarpone with the honey, vanilla and the 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.
7. Once the wontons have cooled to room temperature, dollop about a teaspoon of the Mascarpone mixture to the center of each triangle.
8. Spoon about a tablespoon of the diced Honey Kiss melon on top of each dollop of the Mascarpone mixture.
9. Sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon if desired.
10. Serve immediately.
To prepare ahead of time, you can make the wontons a few before hand and keep them in a tightly sealed container in a cool place. You can also prepare the melon and make the Mascarpone mixture as early as the day before, keeping both tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Then, assemble just before serving.