Golden Kiss Melon-Raspberry White Sangria
I think Sangria is such a beautiful, colorful drink, that it could the the centerpiece on your table!
Beyond the beauty of Sangria, when it is made with Golden Kiss melon, it's over-the-top delicious!
Whether you're sitting around the pool or having a fancy cocktail party, this Golden Kiss Melon White Sangria will wow your guests.
Though traditional Sangria is made with red wine, I love using white wine with a bit of a sparkle added to it! Every sip is incredibly refreshing -- and is followed by a sweet bite of melon and raspberries. Perfect!
Golden Kiss Melon-Raspberry White Sangria Recipe:
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1-1/2 cups Golden Kiss melon, roughly chopped
1 cup Golden Kiss melon, cut into a small dice
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
2 teaspoons Midori (melon liqueur)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine (such as Riesling or Pinot Grigio)
1/2 cup sparkling water
1. Place the 1-1/2 cups of roughly chopped melon in a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment, and purée until it's as smooth as possible.
2. Pour this mixture into a fine mesh strainer over a medium-sized bowl. Use the back of a large spoon to press firmly to extract as much of the melon juice as possible into the bowl. Discard the fruit pulp and pour the melon juice into a large serving pitcher.
3. Add the 1 cup of diced melon, the raspberries, basil leaves, Midori, and lemon juice to the pitcher, and stir gently.
4. Pour the wine and sparkling water in the pitcher and mix to blend all of the ingredients.
5. Cover the pitcher tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour -- ideally overnight -- to let the flavors come together.
You will need about half of a Golden Kiss melon for this recipe.
If you don't have a food processor of blender, you can chop this portion of the melon as finely as possible and then place it in the strainer.