Golden Kiss Melon-Banana Pancakes
Even when Golden Kiss melons are inside these warm, comforting pancakes, they shine. Every bite is full of pieces of juicy melon and creamy banana. Add a bit of maple syrup, and this warmly spiced, sweet breakfast will be one you'll absolutely love.
Perfect for a lazy summer Sunday morning or a casual summer brunch with friends and family.
Golden Kiss Melon-Banana Pancake Recipe:
Makes 1 dozen pancakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Active Work Time: 30 minutes
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup milk
1-2/3 cup Golden Kiss Melon, roughly cut into small pieces (about 1/3 of a melon)
1/2 cup mashed, ripe banana
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter, divided
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cardamom, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In another large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, melon, banana, honey and vanilla. Mix until smooth, and then add the egg. Stir the batter until the egg is fully incorporated.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix only until combined.
4. Fold 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into the batter.
5. Coat the bottom of a large skillet with a bit of the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and place it over medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop the batter into the pan, with ample space between each one.
6. Cook the pancakes for approximately 3 minutes per side, until they start to bubble along the edges. Use a bit more of the butter each time you add batter to the pan. As the pancakes are finished, place them on a plate and cover with foil until you’re ready to serve.
You can use non-fat, low-fat, or whole yogurt and milk -- of them will work in this recipe.
If there's excess melon juice produced from cutting the melon, save it for another recipe, or better yet, drink it!