Arugula-Sugar Kiss Melon and Prosciutto Wrap
Lucious and sweet meets hot and peppery. A delicious culinary combination -- and it's all wrapped up into one quick and easy meal that's bursting with flavor.
This is a great recipe for a casual luncheon, picnic, or an on-the-go snack. And if you cut the wrap into smaller pieces, it's a divine appetizer, too.
Arugula-Sugar Kiss Melon and Prosciutto Wrap Recipe
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
4 cups loosely packed arugula, washed and dried
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
A few turns of freshly ground black pepper
4 (9-inch) flour tortillas
8 slices of prosciutto or 4 slices of ham
About 16 (2 X 1/4-inch) "sticks" of Sugar Kiss melon
1. Add the cream cheese, butter, arugula, salt and pepper to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until it's very smooth.
2. Lay the tortillas down on a clean, dry surface.
3. Dividing it evenly between the tortillas, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese-arugula mixture on the surface of each one.
4. Place two slices of prosciutto, or a slice of ham across the bottom (edge closest to you) third of each coated tortilla.
5. Then lay about four of the melon pieces on top of the prosciutto or ham.
6. Starting with the end closest to you, gently but tightly, roll the tortilla away from you. Once all four are rolled, place them seam side down on a plate in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap until you're ready to serve. (They will keep this way for up to 24 hours, but will be best when prepared as close to serving time as possible.)
If you don't have a food processor, use a Chef's knife to chop the arugula as finely as possible, and then mix it into the other ingredients.
Any kind of tortilla you like is fine -- I find though, that flour tortilles are the softest and easiest to roll.